London Family AgeSmart Lectures
Created in 2013 as an ongoing program to benefit the entire metro Atlanta community, The London Family AgeSmart Lectures provide tactical and timely information on the wide range of issues pertaining to aging. In just five years, more than 1,500 attendees have participated in our semi-annual programs held each fall and spring. All lectures are free to the public and intended to educate those in the “sandwich generation,” boomers, generation Xers and even millennials who find themselves on the aging journey with loved ones.
Mark your calendar for our next lecture
Postponed: Date to be Announced
The Caregivers Journey
Presented by: Regina Koepp, Board Certified Clinical Psychologist
No one “signs up” to be the primary caregiver of a loved one—or for the stress and guilt when trying to prioritize your own needs. If your role has shifted and you are searching for tools to manage better, join us to learn about the stages of caregiving and strategies for avoiding or getting out of a downward spiral.
**Out of concern for protecting our residents and staff and in consultation with Jewish HomeLife’s Medical Director and Infection Control team, we have made the decision to postpone the London Family AgeSmart Lecture: The Caregivers Journey (3/29). We appreciate you understanding our need to ensure our residents are protected from any inadvertent exposure to the COVID-19. We will let you know when a new date is set for this very important topic.**
VIEW PAST LECTURES
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE PANEL DISCUSSION
PANELISTS: Brad Cherson, Pavilion Compounding Pharmacy Daniel Dubovsky, MD, Oncologist, Georgia Cancer Center (ret) Jenny Buckley, RN, Weinstein Hospice (Moderator) With special introduction by Gavin Brown, MD, Neurologist, Laureate Medical Group
October 21, 2018: The Conversation Project
CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE LECTURE
Featuring memory care expert Dr. John Zeisel, Ph.D.
President of Hearthstone Alzheimer Care, Ltd.; author of I’m Still Here: A New Philosophy in Alzheimer’s Care
Other past topics and speakers have included:
- New & Improved Aging: Surviving & Thriving in a Digital World, a presentation on avoiding scams and using new technologies to age smarter, presented by cyber security expert Ben Halpert
- What’s New in Growing Old, presented by Laureate Neurologist Gavin Brown
- Preparing Your Top Drawer File, a two-part series on medical, legal and financial items to compile for yourself and your family, presented by attorneys Abbey Flaum and Michelle Koufman
- Drop The Shoulds on Your Own Path to Living Well, a wellness program presented by Dr. Sarah Kagan, Professor of Gerontological Nursing at UPenn and Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist in the Living Well Program at the Joan Karnell Cancer Center – Pennsylvania Hospital
- Rx for Advanced Illness: Real “Health Care” for People, Not Just Patients, presented by palliative care expert Dr. Brad Stuart
- What Do People Living with Dementia experience? Walk a Mile in Their Shoes, presented by the inventor of the Virtual Dementia Tour, P.K. Beville
- Dementia: Seeing More than Just Loss, presented by Teepa Snow, one of America’s leading educators on dementia