Eligibility for Occupancy
In order to reside at The Jewish Tower, residents must meet certain requirements. These include:
- Market rate apartments available
- Residents must be age 62 or over (if two persons only one need be 62).
- In order to meet subsidy, applicants must meet low (80%) income limit qualifications set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and assets are not considered income. Current qualifications state that applicants may not make more than $48,300/year (one person) or $55,200/year (two persons).
- Must be able to keep apartment in a decent, safe and sanitary condition.
- Proof of citizenship or eligibility as a non citizen.
- Satisfactory background and credit checks.
- Residency is open to all qualified, eligible persons without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, disability status, religion, familial status or gender